Benefits of cover can include:
- Temporary total disablement - weekly benefits payable for up to 104 weeks when a member is unable to work due to injuries sustained in an accident.
- Permanent total disablement (PTD) - lump sum benefit payable when, due to injuries sustained in an accident, the member is unable to attend to any business or occupation of any kind and there is no hope of improvement.
- Permanent total loss of sight (in one or both eyes), limb(s), hearing or speech - lump sum benefits payable in the event of the permanent losses indicated, resulting from an accident.
- Unrecovered Criminal Court Compensation - Payable where compensation awarded by a court, following assault, has not been paid. Claims can be made up to 24 months from the date of the court award, or 12 months from court notification that the award will not be paid, as applicable.
- Hospital benefit - benefit payable if admitted to hospital, per night, for a specified number of nights as applicable to the Federation scheme.
- Offensive weapons assault benefit - lump sum benefits payable when an officer is injured on duty from the discharge of a firearm or stabbing with a sharp instrument.
Further information about the personal accident benefits available can be obtained from George Burrows. Full details of cover, including the limitations, exclusions and terms and conditions can be found in the policy wording, which should be read carefully.